The Danish capital is known for too many things, and if you talk to frequent travelers, they will tell you that a week in Copenhagen is not enough either. Of course, not everyone has that kind of time, and in case you are in the city for just a stopover, you obviously cannot spend at an entire day at Tivoli Gardens (highly recommended otherwise!). When you are pressed for time, here are some of the tips you must consider.
- Plan in advance. Copenhagen is anything but cheap, so we recommend that you plan your stay a little early. You can check online for Copenhagen apartments holiday, which are better in terms of value for money. Amazing apartment rentals can be found in Østerbro district.
- Try Nordic cuisine. We really recommend Nordic cuisine to every foodie out there. While people here do love breads, hotdogs and pastries, Nordic cuisine is all about seasonal, organic, fresh, and local produce, and even some of the simple dishes taste heavenly. If you are in mood to cook your fish, Torvehallerne, or try food at the stalls of Papirøen.
- Take the bike. Did you know that Copenhagen is one of the most bike-friendly cities in the entire world? Yes, you will find dedicated lanes almost in any part of the city, and considering that Copenhagen is not that huge, this is a great way to explore and shed a few calories. You can find bikes with GPS-enabled tabs, so seeing places gets easier.
- Enjoy at Nyhavn. Nyhavn is the historic waterfront area, where you will find amazing well-maintained buildings in colorful shades. These buildings from 16th and 17th century house some of the best cafés and bars in the city, and once you are done taking pictures, you can hop on for a canal tour.
- Do visit the National Museum. Denmark’s National Museum is pretty popular, and while there are just too many museums in the city, visiting this one should suffice. You can actually find many details that you want to know about this country and not in a boring way.
Consider buying the Copenhagen Card that comes with different duration option, because you can get access to as many as 85 attractions, along with use of public transport. Ensure that you include one castle, and if you have one extra day, take a tour of Carlsberg Brewery too.